Nov 30, 2010

Norwegian Humor


There's this myth that Scandanavians aren't very funny. True, Ingmar Bergman didn't do much to dispel this myth, but Bergman was Swedish, not norwegian. Okay, Henrik Ibsen and Edvard Munch didn't either. But there's Garrison Keillor who's been finding the funny in Lake Wobegone for years.

Well, if you haven't seen this, you must. It's from a Norwegian sketch comedy show, and one of the most inventive comedy sketches I've seen. The kind that begs the question. "Why didn't I think of that first?" Well, because the Norskes did.

4 comments:

Wikkid Person said...

There:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGLEkKHIG4

Anonymous said...

that did remind me very much so of experiences with family members. Brilliant!

Simone said...

makes me happy to have norwegian blood in my veins.

Wikkid Person said...

Only my second comment is displaying up there, so I'll try again:
I liked this video so much that I made something very based upon it to show to my English classes in the high school where I work. It's here on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGLEkKHIG4

Post a Comment