Jul 21, 2007

Performing My Book


My memoir, Angry Conversations With God will be published by Warner/Hachette's Center Street Imprint. Like in March 2009. Why so far away? Well, I have to finish it for one thing.

Meanwhile I'm writing and testing out the material on a variety of audiences, from the holy to the hollywood. Last week I read a chapter at the Zephyr Theater on Melrose in Hollywood.

I read along with my friends Ann Randolph, whose solo show "Squeezebox" was produced by Mel Brooks; and Andrea Askowitz, whose memoir, My Miserable Lonely Lesbian Pregnancy will be published next year.

I never know how people are going to react to me "using 'Jesus' as a noun," as my friend Anna described it. But the show was a great success. I loaded the video onto my website. If you want to watch, CLICK HERE. Or paste this link into your browser:
http://www.susanisaacs.net/audiovideo/lipservice.mov

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan

Caught up on your blog today for the first time in a long while and listened to the video. Your book sounds amazing! I'd love to read the whole thing when its published. Not least because I'm in that place you talk about right now .. but unlike you, I'm no longer fully convinced that God is personal ... or if he even exists in the way I've always thought he did....

Hope you post some more readings or extracts as you go along!

Ciao
Linda from Cape Town, SA.

Kari Turner said...

Susan, I love you and your book and your blog! I got back from Holtville this week and am now scrambling to get stuff done before I make the leap across the Atlantic! It's still a couple of weeks away, but it sure don't feel like it. At any rate, let's get together!

Love,

Kari Pope

Post a Comment